Thursday 3 February 2011

Submitting course work and ironing out the IT issues

I had a productive evening last night, well the other half did, (or otherwise known as the voice of reason) who is a lot more technically sound than I am. We managed to get the web cam and the microphone working so I can now undertake on-line tutorials with my classmates and students and they can see me if not hear me! Sign language would be useful right now... But that is another story for another time.

I seem to be the first person to always post messages and submit things on line but that is just the way I am and I do worry that my classmates will think I am rather geeky. The voice of reason though says this is not a bad thing and I should just do it as its the way I work, so I am listening to him. I will just have to wait and see what the outcome is.
Overall I found the experience to be, in the end, not so bad. Initially I was worried about how to do group work on-line and the first days experience of not being able to hear or see what the group was saying was pretty traumatic. However having a leader of the group who was thinking along the same lines as myself re structure timings and organisation helped me a lot. Being a bit of control freak I needed that structure and sense of organisation and I was really pleased with that. I also felt the other members of the group were friendly and helpful which was a great help in getting started on the work. You always have a sense, when working outside your field of speciality, that you are never going to make sense or you will end up sounding silly, but the group was really reassuring. We now have to collate the work and I am confident in the groups ability to do this and so I can back off a little with my controlling nature. I am looking forward to seeing the collated wiki, but I am thinking we need to ensure that the movement between each other pieces is smooth so I may add a comment on the vle about it.
Right I best get back to the day job and finish reading the journals for the next chapter :-)
Just a little picture of Mae and I walking in the woods (Mae is on heel training if you were wondering!)

No comments:

Post a Comment