Thursday 10 February 2011

Quickly loosing steam

This week appears to be different in terms of group dynamics and cohesive work. People are very busy with other tasks, perhaps the novelty of the on-line course is wearing off but the tasks are getting slower at being completed and people are commenting less on posts. I wonder if this is always the case. I am still as eager as ever at doing the course and learning more. But that could just be me.
I held of yesterday to see if anyone else would take the lead in the feedback task. On the Tuesday I provided a word document which outlined and covered all the points for the feedback. Nothing was done yesterday and so, as I don't want to work over the weekend, I took the bait and amended the document in relation to others comments and have now posted it back onto the VLE. The leader of the group welcomed this and has now set some more deadlines and tasks. One of which is to write paragraph on those reflective points I outlined yesterday. Now this is where I am struggling, do I be honest that I feel the groups are not pulling their weight or play the political game of assuming everyone is busy and just the daily grind gets us down. I know I am really busy but I committed to undertaking the course and thus I find the time. This is going to be a tricky reflective task. Or am I being too harsh and expecting too much? Does this mean I expect too higher standards from my students? And is this a bad thing? I know I have always told them failure is not an option.... Am I an ogre and a task master.....

No comments:

Post a Comment