Wednesday 16 February 2011

Nearing the end and carrying on

During my four week course I have learnt a lot experienced a whole spectrum of emotions but generally speaking I have enjoyed every minute of the course. E-learning was a means for me of getting back into what I love doing, teaching. And now I can use the skills that I have acquired during my time on the course to assimilate that in my own teaching.
Next week I start to plan my commercial law course and my banking and finance masters module on line. I am going to take away what I have learnt from the tasks on-line and use the experiences I have had with them and devise courses which will best represent the needs of my students and also ones which will prevent the students experiencing the bad side of e-learning (which I experienced first hand). The experience of being a student during this time has been invaluable to learn how to design a course effectively (I hope). I think perhaps all teachers/lecturers should remind themselves of what it is like to be a student through continuing professional development so that their teaching reflects what is good about learning in an effective manner.
I am going to carry on with this blog even after the course has finished so that you and I can see how I go about designing a on-line course for a law degree. Here's hoping it is successful. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment