Thursday 30 June 2011

Disappointed.com

Preparing on-line courses... not prepare to be disappointed. After an amazing course in January, I can only say that I am totally disappointed and disillusioned with the course this time round. The course is a) more designed for learning technologies who will prepare teachers for on-line courses and not lecturers wanting to prepare on-line courses as the module depicts; b) the instructions are far from clear and ambiguous at best; c) I have learnt relatively little in the three weeks I have been on the course. I have focused on who is my learners and most of all I have learnt how NOT to teach on-line. When I as well as many others on the course are clearly struggling and worrying about the work we have to produce by close of play tomorrow not one tutor has expressed their concerns or talked about the task. It is like wading through treacle blindfolded with no senses what so ever. The instructions to the tasks are bad they are unclear and after having read them about 20 or 30 times I am still unclear. So what am I doing. Well I shall not be beaten and along with my other foolhardy group we are ploughing ahead with what we think we should be doing but at a great time cost to us. Not to mention grey hairs! Umm not sure I really want to do the third course in Dec now. Now to decide whether to post this on my weekly reflection discussion board??? Comments please?

1 comment:

  1. oh dear Clare!

    will we have time to chat about it on Friday after you have saved me from the Poster wolves?

    ReplyDelete