Tuesday 7 June 2011

What I hope to achieve

I start the new preparing on-line materials course tomorrow and I thought it would be useful to think about what I would like to achieve with the course. So here goes:

  • To know how to make my traditional lecture and seminar materials feasible and accessible on-line.
  • To learn different strategies regarding how people best learn with on-line learning.
  • To understand and appreciate the benefits of digital learning and how I can ensure effective learning for my students
  • To understand and apply good teaching practices not only for my domestic students but for my overseas distant learning students.
  • To be able to teach fully on-line
  • To facilitate the learning for others in my department at university so that they can use digital learning as a means of knowledge exchange. 
Basically I would like to know how to make my materials user friendly. In preparation of the course and my meeting tomorrow (nicely timed) I have updated all my materials for the LLB and LLM courses and will be using the strategies and learning techniques directly onto these courses. I hope you find it useful to see my journal through this transformation. 

1 comment:

  1. Clare

    clever of you to slip into Bristolian.

    i look forward to reading the journal of your journey!

    ReplyDelete