Monday 20 June 2011

No voice: voice recording: Another hurdle

This week we are looking at teaching methods and technologies which can help facilitate our learning. We have been asked to consider the use of VLE's from either the point of view of the technologies we have at hand and how they encourage interaction. Secondly what tasks we ask of our learners and how we can use technology to facilitate these tasks. This is not a problem, what is a problem is that they have asked me to record my opinions with my voice which as we know is not very suitable for a vle recording. I have posted a note in the cafe chat room about this and hope they will let me record my notes via the written format. I must say it is still disheartening to be asked to do something when they know that this is not an option for me. So for today I shall draft my argument and hope that they will let me do this or I will have to get Mum over to record it for me. I shall not be beaten on this though and shall find a way round.
We were also asked to read chapter 6 in our Rethinking Pedagogy in a digital age. Within the chapter the authors have designed a taxonomy for learning styles and technology. The first part of the chapter examined the vocabulary of digital learning. Personally, I would rather get on with the process of evaluation and examination. However if there is no common agreed terms then things get complicated. The taxonomy is rather interesting and I plan to have a look at that later and map my own learners and teaching style against this. I wish it was downloadable via the net as it could be good to use, but I will just have to photocopy and write on it in the old fashioned way. Its things like this which the course could do much better at. Onwards and upwards though.

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating!

    here we are in a digital age (where i can scan Ch.6 in Amazon) and yet you cannot download!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think these digital hiccups will effect students in their enthusiasm and buy into the digital learning of the course? And would this differ between the LLB and LLM students?

    ReplyDelete