Monday 24 January 2011

Week 1- day 6

I finally managed to get the software programme installed last night and I registered for my on-line tutorial which is on Thursday at 4pm. Not an ideal time for me but as it took me so long to get started I only had a few options. Well the work starts today! I have down loaded all my materials for the week and I am going to start working through them today. There appears to be four tasks and after reading through the long list of instructions I am already getting anxious that I will get it wrong or make a fool of myself. We have to introduce ourselves to the others on the course and its really hard not to a) come across as being 'odd', or too enthusiastic and b) coming across as yourself. It is nerve racking and its making me wonder whether my students will feel like this. When you write something down in a forum its out there for everyone to see so I am wondering whether it will make the more timid students not participate. I wonder if there is anything I can do to solve this one for the students? Any ideas? Additionally by having a week lots of work downloaded in one you can feel rather swamped and concerned that you will never get it all done. However the advantage is that it is on-line and you can do it when you need to and can fit it in. Time management here really is a key theme and it is good to lean how to manage this, despite us all thinking we are excellent at time management. Right I am going to crack on with the work today and see how I get on and what issues crop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment