Monday 24 January 2011

Week 1 Day 6 - task 3

Task three is to design and write an icebreaker for the course.... ok initial musings go something like this:

Hi Everyone,

About me:
I am Clare Chambers and I am the course tutor the Commercial Law module on your LLB / Banking and Finance  module on your LLM. This course is taught primarily on line. (do I put in why - should the students know why I cannot do face to face teaching?) My university web page containing my research can be found at: http://law.uwe.ac.uk/staff-directory/dol-staff/clare-chambers.aspx Please also follow my @DocChambers on twitter for regular updates on banking regulation and my research updates. I am available to for one to one meetings please e-mail me to check availability.

Your course and how it works
Each week you have a timetabled session for discussions with me and you can also book appointments with me on-line to discuss your studies. Additionally you can contact me at any time, remember though, I may not be on-line at 2am in the morning.
On-line learning in a dynamic and interactive way of learning and we will work together through the course to achieve the best possible outcome for you. Please feel free to ask questions at any point.
I will post lecture materials and seminar discussion points for your weekly sessions in advance so you have time to prepare your notes.
I do expect that your all prepare and you all participate. This space is to be used for learning and so I should remind you that appropriate behaviour should be used at all times. Having said this, learning should be fun and so we shall adopt this throughout the course.

Technical information
If you have any technical difficulties then please contact myself or the learning adviser (contact here)
Also please attend one of the introductory sessions for the software use of this course. (sign up here hyperlink)
Please browse around the site and the tabs on the left and on the top of the page and carry out the introductory tasks which will familiarise yourself with the layout of the site.

Introducing you
As an icebreaker I would like you all to a) introduce yourself here (name and where you are from and your expectations of the course and why you chose it) b) post a picture or a pictorial representation that represents you c) tell us something interesting about yourself.
I shall go first. I am a keen surfer and horse rider, although not very good at either and in the process of thinking about building my own home. Finally (d) I would like you to post your favourite song and a link to it if possible.

Chat room
There is also a chat room available to you and which I have access to as well. This room is designed for you to chat about your course and share ideas and questions. I shall jump in when I see necessary on discussions and questions.

I hope you all enjoy the course and remember the more you particpate the more you will get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment