Wednesday 19 January 2011

Week 0 day 1 - afternoon

I have now sorted out the issues that thwarted me this morning and I am pleased to say it was IT systems and not me. However I have been in contact with the course tutors who are really lovely and helpful. I have explained about my lack of vocal ability, gone through all the operation histories and that I can no longer teach vocally and that this course is my way of continuing teaching. They are very supportive and have suggested I think about what my involvement will be in group work when they are required to video link each other to discuss work. At the moment I am not keen on going on video and chatting vocally to others. My voice breaks up a lot and is very weak anyway but with it being over a microphone I really don't want to sound awful. So the tutors have told me to take as long as I want to think about it and that its not a key part of the course to participate. But I know me and I like to try everything. This is going to bug me if I can't do it, but then again I am not sure I want my voice heard over the Internet. Umm some thinking shall go on tonight with the other half....

No comments:

Post a Comment