Tuesday 11 October 2011

Theory into practice

Well yesterday was a day of firsts. I took my first on-line class. It was for banking and finance LLM and it went really well. The class was three hours long which I think was too long for them and for me. It was very intense. Fast paced and really intellectual. I realised that the students did not need as many questions as I had pre set them as they generally discussed all the aspects they needed during an examination of a typical assignment question. They participated and interacted with me. I would like to have seen a greater interaction with each other but I hope that will come. I am now thinking how I should make the session more interactive with them. Is it familiarity with the system and with each other? Will this develop over time?I had one student before the session say there was too much reading and then after the session he sent a tweet that he could not keep up or follow, so today I am going to work out a strategy for him to enable him to develop his online learning skills. I hope the others on the course enjoyed it. They are keeping their wiki profiles up to date too which is good. There is so much that can be done for online learning that there is not enough time with the students to do them all. It has opened by eyes to a whole new way of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. well done Clare. how can we watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBy46af0exE
    The coursework details to follow

    ReplyDelete