Monday 17 October 2011

Internationalising my banking curriculum - my story - task one

This is the first day week one of internationalising your curriculum or IoC. There are four tasks this week.
1. To write my story of how I came to IoC
2. Defining IoC
3. How to include IoC in my curriculum
4. My institutions IoC position.

I have pondered over this course for a while, in terms of whether it would be useful or not. I thought that IoC would teach me about how to include overseas students in my classes better, to teach my curriculum in a better way to all students to be inclusive as possible and how to make it more applicable to my students who are learning on-line in another country. This is not to be. It is about determining how to make home students more international whilst creating a curriculum which is international. Banking laws by their very nature have to be international given their interconnectivity with other jurisdictions.
So confused as I may be here are my posting on the VLE from the course on task 1.

I am English and live in Hereford which is very typically country English however I have lived in London and worked for small periods in Hong Kong, the US, Malta, Cyprus and Spain. I teach international banking and finance and although the law is from a UK perspective international laws play a major part in the laws of the UK. I have come to this course because I teach on-line and my courses are being taught via distance learning. Therefore a) I want to ensure that my courses are internationalised both for my home and abroad students and b) I would like to be able to teach the students the interconnectivity of banking laws in a more dynamic and international manner instead of just looking at a set of laws which are outside the UK's jurisdiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment